• Crappie Kids Fishing Rodeo on Saturday, April 11 at Riverfront Park in Sheffield - will be rescheduled for Fall
• King Kat Trail Catfish tournament, scheduled for April 18 on Wilson and Pickwick lakes - will be rescheduled for Fall
• The Spring Dance March 24 at the Coliseum for Florence Senior Center members, has been postponed to a later date.
• Gospel Meeting March 29-31 at Bethel Berry Church of Christ with Howell Bigham is postponed
• All in person court hearings and proceedings have been postponed until April 21.
The Underwood-Petersville Volunteer Fire Dept. Fish Fry scheduled for Saturday, March 28 has been cancelled. See you in April!
• Shoals CASA Breakfast with the Easter Bunny at Buffalo Wild Wings cancelled.
• Fundraiser March 28 in Lexington at the Methodist Church cancelled
• East Colbert Church of Christ April Fish Fry cancelled.
• North Alabama Flea Market - suspended until April.
• Fishing Day at Deibert Park has been cancelled for March 28 and April 10.
• YMCA of the Shoals in Florence with the intention to reopen Monday, April 6 or as soon as the health and safety of the community can be assured.
• The Blue Door Thrift Store is closed until further notice.
• Lauderdale Lanes closed until April 2.
• Florence- Lauderdale Public Library is temporarily closed.
• Tennessee Valley Museum of Art closed
• St. Florian Senior Center – closed until April 8
• Killen Senior Center closed
• Killen Library – closed
• Killen Park – closed
• Sheffield Library – closed
• Tuscumbia Library – closed
• Florence Lauderdale Public Library – closed until further notice.
• Alabama Extension offices closed until April 10.
• Lexington Public Library - closed until April 6
• Colbert County Courthouse - closed until April 6
• Killen Municipal Court – closed until April.
• Florence City Museums - closed until further notice.
• Sheffield Pool & Recreation Center - closed until at least April (All sports suspended until this time as well. Please check the Rec department Facebook page for more.)
• Lauderdale County Extension Office - closed
• Helen Keller birthplace -closed until April 6.
• Lauderdale County License Commissioner - lobby closed until April 6
• Lauderdale County Playgrounds closed. Parks still open as of now.
• The Rockpile Recreation Area on the Tennessee Valley Authority’s Muscle Shoals Reservation will remain closed for the time being.
• State Troopers Post – Moving to a wait in car and phone call system.
• All Natchez Trace Parkway visitor contact stations are closed. All other facilities remain open. Visitors can still reach a park ranger between 9am-4:30pm by calling 662-680-4027. Visitors can find the most up-to-date information on the Parkway website www.nps.gov/natr.
• Lauderdale County Government Building lobby is closed until April 6. The drive thru is open located behind the building on Short Court Street for automobiles, boats, hunting and fishing, and business license.
If you need a driver’s license renewal, you need to call us upon your arrival at 256-760-5833 to get on the waiting list. We will allow one customer in our office at a time for this process. Remember all STAR ID’s must be done at the trooper office.
We strongly encourage all to use the online process at www.lauderdalecountyal.gov or the mail process.
• City of Florence Municipal Services including, Police, Fire, Electricity, Gas, Water, Customer Services, Solid Waste, Street, and Recycle, will continue operations. If you have business at City Hall, please call first for information or to make an appointment, 256-760-6300. We ask that business proceed by email or phone when possible. The City of Florence directory can be found at https://florenceal.org/contact/contact.php.
Florence Utility Accounts
During this unusual time, Florence Department Leaders met and are aware that some of our customers will be and are currently impacted by the COVID-19. As of today, Florence Utilities will be suspending disconnections for non-payment of utility services and not applying late payment fees to accounts through March 31. However, we will continue to bill normally and process payments.
• The Florence Police Department will be temporarily restricting access to the front lobby, Records Division, administrative offices, and police desk. People are encouraged to call 256-768-2728 for assistance. Phones will be monitored 24 hours a day.
• All playgrounds are now closed. The outdoor parks will remain open with the advisement to follow the recommendation of social distancing (6 feet).
• The Florence-Lauderdale Animal Services Department will remain open for adoptions during limited hours. If you have any flu-like symptoms, please do not enter the building.
Florence-Lauderdale Animal Services is asking people to avoid surrendering healthy pets at this time.
• Florence Utilities Customer Service asks that you consider paying utilities bills and services through the drive-through, dropbox (main entrance), or online at https://ebiz.florenceutilities.com/.
• Florence Municipal Magistrate office will remain open and accept payments, bonds, and court filings. However, we will not have court on Tuesday and Thursday effective immediately through April 21. All cases currently set will BE RESET and the notice will be received via mail. If you have any questions, please contact our office at 256-760-6625
• Arts & Museum facilities will be temporarily closed to visitors. The staff will continue to be available during regular hours. The outdoor space at the Indian mound will be open. However, the museum will be closed.
• Florence Athletics programs, events, and activities (including practices and games) through the Florence Recreation are currently suspended and will follow the City of Florence school schedule. All Youth and Adult Athletic programs to include, soccer, baseball, and softball are postponed. All athletic fields are closed.
• Florence-Lauderdale Coliseum is temporarily closed. Rentals may be re-scheduled for a later date.
• Shoals Community Theatre - performances and events canceled or rescheduled until May.
• Colbert County Board of Education COVID-19 Crisis:-- Monday, March 30 from 7-9am, a grab n go will be set up at each school (drive thru)
DO NOT GET out of your vehicle. The bags will be delivered to your car.A Chromebook, school packets, and Census 2020 information may be picked up during this time.
• Florence Parks and Recreation/The Club (Florence Senior Center) has suspended all activities at The Club at this time.
The nutrition program IS, however, providing meals for their homebound clients as well as those that normally eat lunch at The Club. For those who normally eat at The Club they can call each day, Monday-Friday, between 8-10am to let us know they will be by between 10-11am. Please call 256-760-6668 or 256-760-6420.