TUSCUMBIA – From parades and visits with Santa to concerts and rides on a holiday train, there is an abundance of holiday events throughout Colbert County in December.
Susann Hamlin, president and CEO of Colbert County Tourism, said there will be plenty for Colbert residents and visitors to do during the Christmas season.
For more information about events and activities in Colbert County, call the Tourism Bureau at 256-383-0783.
December Events Colbert County
• Roberts Christmas Lights, 450 Berryman Dr., Tuscumbia – in the Spring Valley community, drive-through outdoor holiday decoration display dusk until 9pm Sunday-Thursday and until 10pm Friday and Saturday. Nightly through Christmas. 256-383-0783
• The fountain light and water show, set to Christmas music at Spring Park in Tuscumbia is presented at 6pm, 7pm, and 8pm nightly through December 24. 256-389-1357
• Christmas Village at Spring Park in Tuscumbia, December 24. Christmas decorations will light up the park nightly. 256-389-1357
• Tuscumbia Christmas Parade, 6pm Tuesday December 3. The parade begins at Deshler High School and travels south on Main Street in downtown Tuscumbia. 256-386-7200
• Holly Jolly Christmas Trolley, immediately after the Tuscumbia Christmas Parade, Tuesday, December 3. Ride through downtown on the Tuscumbia Trolley, singing Christmas carols. 256-386-7200.
• Muscle Shoals Christmas Parade, 7pm Thursday, December 5. The parade begins at Gusmus Avenue and travels east on Avalon Avenue to Sheffield Avenue. 256-386-9250
• The Trees of Christmas at Tennessee Valley Museum of Art, Tuscumbia, Dec. 6-24, features trees decorated by local individuals and groups. Admission $5. Open 9am-5pm Monday-Friday and 1-3pm on Sundays. Free admission on Sundays. 256-383-0533
• Breakfast with Santa, 8am-10am Saturday, December 7, Lion’s Den, Cherokee. 256-810-0777.
• Cherokee Christmas Parade, 11am, Saturday, December 7. The parade begins at Cherokee High School and travels down North Pike into downtown. 256-359-4959
• Plantation Christmas, 1-5pm Sunday, December 8, Belle Mont Mansion, 1569 Cook Lane, Tuscumbia, reminiscent of Christmas the “Old South” with traditional live decorations, period Christmas music, vintage ballroom dancing, and refreshments Admission $8 adults, $4 ages 6-12; and 5 and younger, free. 256-381-5052
• Christmas Train at Spring Park in Tuscumbia, December 9-24. The Santa Express Train runs 4-8pm daily. Admission $4. 256-389-1357
• Sheffield Christmas Parade, 6pm Tuesday, Dec. 10. The parade begins on North Montgomery Avenue and travels through downtown. 256-810-3030
• We’ll be Home for Christmas concert, 6:30pm, Thursday, Dec. 12, Alabama Music Hall of Fame, Tuscumbia, featuring the music and comedy of Aaron Wilburn, Mark Narmore and Bobby Tomberlin come home for Christmas. Admission $15. 256-381-4417
• Cookies with Santa, 5:30pm, Thursday, December 12. The Healing Place, 2409 Wildwood St., Muscle Shoals. Free photos and surprises. 256-383-7133
• Annual Dickens Christmas Feast, 7pm, Friday, December 13, Tuscumbia Depot Roundhouse, Holiday dinner with the Deshler High School Chamber ensemble performing pieces from the Romantic period. There will also be an excerpt from “The Christmas Story.” Admission $25. Advance tickets required, 256-383-9797
• Leighton Christmas Parade, 6pm Friday December 13. The parade begins at Colbert County High School and proceeds down New High School Street and Main Street. 256-446-8477
• Christmas at Ivy Green, 8:30am-4pm Saturday, December 14, the birthplace of Helen Keller in Tuscumbia, will be adorned with beautiful live holiday decorations. Regular admission. 256-383-4066
• It’s a Dickens Christmas, Y’all, 10am-4pm Saturday, December 14, Downtown Tuscumbia, carriage rides, snowfall, music, arts & crafts, and food vendors. 256-383-9797.
• Christmas at Belle Mont Mansion, 10am-4pm Saturday, December 14, 1569 Cook Lane, Tuscumbia. The Jeffersonian Palladian mansion, built in 1828, will be decorated for the holidays. Admission. 256-381-5052
• Cookies and cocoa with Santa, 6-8 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 14, LaGrange Volunteer Fire Department, 7625 LaGrange Road, Leighton. 256-702-1135.
• Sheffield Candlelight Parade, begins at dusk Saturday, December 14 and Sunday, December 15. More than 4,000 luminary candles will lights streets and avenues in the Park Boulevard/Oakwood neighborhoods. Donations of canned food to help the needy will be collected at the start of the parade route. 256-383-0783
• The Best Christmas Pageant Ever play, 7pm Saturday, December 14 and 2pm, Sunday, December 15, Ritz Theater, 111 W. 3rd St., Sheffield. Admission $8 adults, $7 students. 256-383-0533
• Sunday with Santa to benefit Cole Kelley, 2-4pm Sunday, December 15, Locust Hill, 209 S. Cave St., Tuscumbia. Photographs with Santa, Christmas story time, cookies and cocoa and ornament making. $20 per child. Tickets available at Cold Water Books in Tuscumbia and Mars Hill Elementary School in Florence. 256-542-8731
• Holiday Cabaret, 7pm Thursday December 19. Friday, December 20 and Saturday, December 21, Ritz Theater Annex, 111 W. 3rd St., Sheffield. 256-383-0533
• Cypress Moon Studios Christmas Party, 7pm Thursday, December 19 at 1000 Alabama Avenue, Sheffield. Celebrate the holidays and more than 40 years of music at Cypress Moon’s 15th annual Christmas Party. Meet the songwriters, artists, musicians and engineers. For more details, call 256-335-6961
• A (not so) Silent Night, 7pm Saturday, December 21, Do Right Man Barbershop, 122 N. Nashville Ave., Sheffield. An evening of holiday songs around a bonfire with soup & hot chocolate, smores and mulled cider. Several local musicians including, The Counts Family, Bailey White, Sarah Grace Robinson, Della Ray, KLR, Cody Gaisser will be leading the evening. Donations of new gloves (not knit) and small denomination fast food gift cards will be collected for Room at the Inn. 707-889-7170