Music with Old Friends

Scooter Muse, left, and Jil Chambless outdoors at Belle Mont Mansion on May 22.

TUSCUMBIA – Renowned Celtic musicians Scooter Muse and Jil Chambless will perform a live outdoor concert on the courtyard of Belle Mont Mansion on May 22 from 4-6pm. The talented duo is popular in the Shoals area with well-attended local appearances on numerous occasions. Admission for the concert is $5 per person and includes a tour of the museum. There is no charge for children younger than 12. 

Alabama native, Jil Chambless, has played an active role in the Celtic music scene for more than 25 years.  Jil is a singer and flute and whistle player who has performed at Celtic festivals and concerts across the U.S, Canada, Scotland, and Israel with the band Henri’s Notions, which also includes guitarist 

Scooter Muse.  Muse is a native of the Shoals area and has roots in Bluegrass and the music of early America. Scooter is an award-winning 5-string banjo player who founded the Celtic group Full Moon Ensemble, performing with that band for about a decade across the US and in Scotland. 

Visitors are encouraged to bring blankets and chairs and practice social distancing outdoors. Masks are recommended when touring the museum in small groups indoors. 

Belle Mont is located at 1569 Cook Lane in Tuscumbia, Alabama. Parking is available in the grassy field on the property. Handicapped parking is available in the parking lot adjoining the house. 

The concert is sponsored by the Colbert County Historical Landmarks Foundation. 

For more information, call Belle Mont at  256-381-5052 or inquire by email to info@bellemontmansion.org.

 

Belle Mont Mansion was constructed circa 1828 by highly skilled enslaved craftsmen for Dr. Alexander W. Mitchell, a native of Virginia. The refined and beautifully executed architecture exhibited at Belle Mont is noteworthy for the obvious influence of Palladian architecture favored in the designs of Thomas Jefferson. A historic property of the Alabama Historical Commission, Belle Mont is operated by the Colbert County Landmarks Foundation.