MUSCLE SHOALS – The Muscle Shoals Public Library will begin a phased opening of the facility beginning this week.
Phase 1 will go in effect on Wednesday, July 1 as follows:
Appointments for visiting the library
You may make separate appointments to visit these specific areas of the library:
• Main Collections (fiction, nonfiction, juvenile, and young adult books, DVDs)
• Children’s Area (picture books, leveled readers, children’s DVDs)
• Media Center (computer access, faxing, printing)
Each patron may make one appointment per area of the library per day. Main collections and children’s area appointments are 30 minutes long. Media center appointments are one-hour long.
We will be continuing curbside service during the following times:
Monday 1 – 5pm.
Tuesday 6 – 7pm
Wednesday 9 – 10am
Thursday 6 – 7pm
Friday 9– 10am
You may call the library to select materials for curbside service.
The limit is 20 items per patron per day for this service.
Measures Taken to Ensure Safety
• All sitting areas, meeting rooms, and
children’s play areas are closed until further notice.
• All patrons and staff must practice social distancing and wear a face covering.
• All returned library materials will be sanitized before being made available to the public.
Fines and Returns
The Muscle Shoals library will remain fine-free until August 1. Please attempt to return all items that have been out for more than a month by July 10.
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please call 256-386-9212 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org